GLMA Annual Conference & Nursing Summit Agenda-at-a-Glance now available!
Nursing Summit Theme:
The GLMA nursing leadership team is happy to announce that this September we will be hosting a half day, virtual GLMA Nursing Summit as part of the GLMA 38th Annual Conference. This year’s summit theme will be:
The POWER of LGBTQ+ Nurses and Midwives, Now and in the Future
Speakers and panels will include:
- nurse activism,
- resilience & radical self-care, and
- innovation in practice, policy, and education.
The goal of the 8th GLMA Annual Nursing Summit is to build an inclusive home to foster capacity building for LGBTQ nurses, nurse allies and nurse supporters. The summit provides a forum for mentorship, support, networking and education to promote health equity among LGBTQ individuals. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to, research, leadership, education and training, policy and activism, workplace climate, and patient care among diverse groups of LGBTQ persons.
By the end of the Nursing Summit, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the facilitators and barriers towards achieving health equity in the LGBTQ community.
- Identify at least one new skill to promote health equity in the LGBTQ community.
- Plan at least one action, with a measurable deliverable and timeline, to contribute to the promotion of LGBTQ health equity during the upcoming year.
To register, visit our registration page. Take advantage of Early Bird Registration rates before they end on August 31!
More Information Coming Soon
To learn more about the GLMA Nursing Section, visit their website!