Cultural Competence Webinar Series - Part 1
Quality Healthcare for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender People: A Four-Part Webinar Series
Understanding the Health Needs of LGBT People: An Introduction
Click here to view the archived webinar. Click here to download the PowerPoint Presentation.
Part 1 of the series, Quality Healthcare for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender People, explores the unique health needs of LGBT people. During this introduction to LGBT health, speakers provide an overview of associated terminology and concepts, describe social issues that impact the health and well-being of LGBT people and discuss specific clinical considerations for LGBT people. The webinar content has broad relevance to clinicians, administrators, researchers and academics alike.
• Jason S. Schneider, MD, Assistant Professor, Emory University School of Medicine, Director-at-Large, GLMA
• Gal Mayer, MD, Medical Director, Callen-Lorde Community Health Center, and Director-at-Large, GLMA
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
• Define terminology and describe concepts associated with LGBT populations
• Describe the ways in which marginalization and discrimination impact the health of LGBT people
• Discuss the health disparities experienced by LGBT people
To learn more about the series or view additional archived webinars from the series, please click here.
This webinar series is a project of GLMA in collaboration with the Hopkins Center for Health Disparities Solutions, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.