As the Governors of and legislators in Arkansas and Indiana work to address the concerns about how religious freedom legislation in their states impact discrimination against LGBT people, GLMA worked to organize health professional associations to join a letter sharing their perspectives as healthcare providers about the potential impact of these laws on care for LGBT patients and their families.
We are extremely grateful for the response of our colleagues at sister organizations and the support they have shown to ensure these laws are not used to deny care to LGBT individuals and their families:
- American Academy of Nursing
- American Medical Women’s Association
- Association of Gay and Lesbian Psychiatrists
- Association of Nurses in AIDS Care
- HIV Medicine Association
- Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay and Transgender PA Caucus of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, Inc.
- LGBT Caucus of Public Health Professionals
- National Association of Social Workers – Indiana Chapter
- Tulane Society for Sexuality, Health and Gender
Click here to view the letter.